The Restrict RSS Feeds plugin gives you several useful options for managing your feed such as:
- Switching off all RSS feeds in your WordPress installation
- Restricting access to authorized users by requiring a password for access
- Removing descriptions and excerpts from the feed
- Removing author names from the feed
RSS is a type of web feed that allows your readers to automatically get new content in email newsletters and RSS feed readers.
RSS feeds can be useful for your website when running a blog but are unnecessary if using WordPress as a basic website builder or ecommerce site. Some blog posts may also be gated content and be intended to be visible by authorized users only.
- Download and save the Visual Restrict RSS plugin to your hard disk.
- Login to your WordPress site and go to the Add Plugins page.
- Click Upload Plugin button to upload the zip.
- Click Install Now to install and activate the plugin. RSS feeds will be disabled by default.
- To restrict access using a passphrase go to the settings page under Settings > Restrict RSS
- Add your password and enable the Require Password to View Feed option
- Click on Save Changes to save your changes
- Try opening the sample link provided to view changes. You may need to do a hard refresh to view all changes to the RSS feed.
I don’t see my changes after saving?
RSS feeds are sometimes cached. Try updating or creating new a post. Alternatively, you may need to do a hard refresh on the feed page before changes can be seen in browser.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“VisualWP Restrict RSS Feeds” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
* Updated Compatibility
* Initial Release